Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Made it safely!

So a 14 hour flight from JFK sitting in the middle of a 3 children family (with one special needs kid) I made it to Incheon, South Korea. My flight was not that bad. I watched lots of movies:

How to Train Your Dragon (cute)
Valentines Day (typical cute romantic comedy)
Shutter Island (not what I expected it to be about...good!)
Date Night (cute...not as funny as I thought)
Diary of a Wimpy Kid (eh it was okay)

While waiting for my bags I was greeted by a girl my age asking if I was going to Chadwick (I was impressed she could tell until she referenced my Chadwick sweatshirt...right...I'm a walking billboard! haha) Cailin is from Long Island and also on her first international teaching experience. We walked out with our luggage (all of it..yay!) and were greeted with a hug from Jorge (my new head master) It was great to be greeted so warmly and he recognized us and knew exactly who we were. We then were grouped together with other people who had arrived the same time.

Our bus was sent around the block so we stood outside and got to know one an other a bit. Everyone is so friendly and fun. We chatted the entire way to the apartments. There were 3 girls put on the first chadwick bus and sent off to meet Alice. She greeted us off the bus and we (attempted) to carry all of our luggage to the apartments. We squished into the elevator and were introduced (quickly) to our new accommodations. We were taught to use the key pad on our door and set our fingerprint (in case we do not want to put in the code) I was taught how to use the home system (this touch screen that runs my lights, check my appliances, and runs the heat) and how to use the phone (still haven't got that one...not sure it is working properly)

My boxes were already in the apartment and I began to unpack...a little. I put sheets on the bed and crashed! I went to bed about 11 pm Korean time and work up about 5:30 (alarm was set for 6) so that worked out well! Felt good too...not jetlagged yet! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment