Saturday, August 7, 2010

New Lessons

I am slowly learning new lessons as I go day to day here so I thought I would share some...

1. Hulu does not work here (I do not have a TV)
2. Most US tv networks that play full episodes online do not work here
3. Costco is much more populated here than in US
4. The hotdogs at Costco are actually pretty good (don't judge me I was REALLY hungry!)
5. Skype is great...but only if you can work around the time zone thing!
6. When you haven't been around subways for a while, they are confusing!
7. I don't miss driving a car
8. I love being able to walk around a city again
9. I've never been on a trip where I have had to communicate without words most of the time
10. Avacados are REALLY expensive
11. I value being able to read labels, cooking instructions and instructions for use in English now
12. I miss everyone more than I thought I would
13. Not having a cell phone is awful! especially when you want to check if the bus for school has already left
14. Giving tours of the apt on skype is not the same as in person.
15. American babies laugh at me, babies here run for their moms when they see me

I'm sure there will be more but that is a short list to get you started :)

No comments:

Post a Comment