Monday, August 9, 2010

Starting to feel "at home" here

I have officially cooked twice in my kitchen. I feel like cooking, christening the kitchen, is the official sign that you are moved in. To help things, 2 of my boxes that have been missing since I got here, showed up today. They contained all my summer clothes (I was going to have to teach in wool pants come September!!) I was so excited when they told me they had arrived. The boxes were destroyed but I didn't care!
I have invested in plants...warms the place up a bit to help it feel "homey". I have not however put anything on the walls. In the office I have 3 family photos and 1 photo of the kinder teachers from PV. I like sitting in there :)
If anyone is traveling by Korea I would love some balsamic vinegar and some seasonings! (Maybe some twizzlers haha)
My cooking will have to be creative! I finally figured out which things in the grocery store where salt and pepper! In a month I will have it all figured out...hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. Just got caught up on all the posts. Sounds wonderful so far...what an amazing experience for you. I didn't realize there were three kindergartens. How's admissions going? I can just see Ted in front of everyone being inspirational. He's good at that! I'd like a skype tour even though you don't think it's great. When can we do it? Jeff leaves Friday for his big baseball games drives. They are also spending the weekend in Denver for Jack Johnson and Dave Matthews. SOOOOO jealous! WE are home tonight (Wednesday here). Will leave skype on so call if you can (marlagalloway) ! xxoo

    ReplyDelete