Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"Working"

So today we started more like what I call "work" but not really. We went into meetings this morning again at 9am (after another delish breakfast) and met with Ted (Headmaster from Chadwick Cali) He asked everyone to share why they wanted to come work at CI Songdo. It was hard not to nod along with every answer. It seems to so easily say everyone seems on the same page in terms of why we are all here...so that is a cool feeling!

We listened to Ted tell everyone about what Chadwick PV is about and about Margaret Chadwick and it was cool to hear his passion for his school. It really made me miss it more! He referenced special and wonderful awards and all I could think of was Oliver's (Marla you know what I mean!) and how amazing our kids were!

We did lunch and got a chance to get into our classrooms. The 3 kinder classrooms are all alike although nothing is in them yet. So Karen and Mark and I just met as a team for a couple hours just talking about teaching kinder, what we want from it, expectations, fears, excitement, it was very cool and I like them already (although they are no Marla, Lauren and Katy but they will have to do for now)

This afternoon I got my internet to work again so skyped with my brother and Mandy. We did dinner tonight at a cool hotel and I had Sushi and Mongolian BBQ (Yes, I'm aware it is not Korea haha) Dinner was delicious and the view was amazing...silly me forgot my camera though...guess I will have to go back at some point ;)

Excited to see what Day 3 will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment