Friday, September 5, 2014

The never ending tale

Well...I must have been WAY too excited to head to Boracay for vacation with my boy. We have had a week and a weekend together since June and  Ian ready to hang out! 
We arrived at incheon airport and head to the counter only to be asked where my printed ticket was. I stared blankly and said "I fought that was your job?" Did I miss something? We did finally get tickets and eat dinner then headed to our gate to be met with many announcements, only some of which were in English. We were ready:
I approach the now swarmed ticket counter to find out our flight is delayed until 2:00am. We were supposed to leave at 9:35pm. When I ask the man behind the counter the reason for the delay he says the airport in Manilla is closed but he does not know why. Smart boy Brian jumps online while I am in line and finds out there was a bomb threat for the second time in a week at the very airport where I am currently sitting. We fill in the other foreigners and I set out finding out the plan for our connection. 😐
We..well I took a nap while we waited and arrived in Manilla at about 5:30. Exactly when our connection took off.  We went through customs...not a fast process. The we are sent to this counter who sends us to that counter and finally to standby counter. We are in an incredibly angree line of Koreans and foreigners. I don't feel the need to yell and stomp my feet at the counter people as there is only so much you can do after an airport was shut down for 5 hours. 
I do push and shove to keep my space and call the man over with my limited voice ( yes, I lost my voice again). We are finally given permission to go get in another line! 😱 we did get tickets but now my bag is conviently 4kg's too heavy. I had to pay for it 😝. Oh well. Not a fantastic experience and I don't ever plan on flying Cebu Pacific ever again but at least when this all finishes we will be in Boracay ☺️  Can't be mad at that! 🏊 👙 😎 ☀️ 🐡 


Update: 
After FAR too many hours of travel to this island we are on the water taxi there! Feeling a bit crazy at the moment. 

We made it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment