Sunday, August 31, 2014

My mom's cooler than your mom!

Okay that title may not totally be true but my mom is so funny.  It began with a simple text chat between mom and I about her up coming trip to ND for Clint's graduation.

Mom: Tomorrow Clint graduates if you would like to send him wishes:) I am looking forward to being with barb and Linda cheering him on his accomplishments.  Should be fun.  Wish you were there also. I should make a dummy of you and could just bring you all over with me :) :)

Me: Yes do that.  Make a doll of me to take there and pretend I flew in

Mom: Ok you might look a bit different due to my art:)

Me: I can't wait to see your rendition

Now at this point I clearly sell my mom short by thinking we are joking.  In this conversation I'M joking...she is not.  I do not hear from mom until she returns from ND and the next part is exactly what I got from her verbatim.

Here you are you made it.  You kind of look like a lolly pop:)

Clint getting ready to give you a flying lesson

Auntie Linda wanted to go with you.

Uncle Rick is giving you his own ride

Some nice North Dakota grass.  You look soo relaxed in it :)

Not sure I think it was engine repair time.  You wandered off

Yup you are in the engine

Up up and away.  You are in the front row seat.  Auntie barb has a full load.

Oh my gosh it was cleaning time!!! You wandered off again.

Jake says hi.  We out him in charge of you. Good luck 
*I think she means left not out

Chip ahoy you were hungry after all the repairs and cleaning
*Not chips ahoy but ruffles...not sure why the cookie reference

You got a Great view of where Clint for the air traffic control lab
*assuming she meant where Clint works??

You made a new friend in Grand Forks North Dakota :):)

You are welcomed by the big tribe
*oh jeez...no words!

They have high respect for this Indian.  You were sooo excited to be near him
*sorry...yes she used "Indian"

And so after a fun weekend it is time to say goodbye and we hope you enjoyed being with us :):) love you mom


Now this is what she wrote me.  Only the * words are mine.  The next text I got from her told me I caused too much trouble in ND and wasn't allowed to go to Chicago with them.  I was told I was left home with the cats.  
Today however while skyping with mom she shares that she took two pictures to ND.  One of me with sunglasses on and one without.  At one point she got back to the house to find she was missing the picture with the sunglasses.  She was worried as I must have been laying somewhere on campus of the ND school.  So she brings me with only to have me fall out of the pocket/purse on to the ground.  
A little while later my cousin Jake walks into the room carrying the picture.  She so excited "How did you find it?"  Jake says "Oh there was something weird in the engine so I went to look and found this....How did it get in the engine?" 
Jee mom I wonder how...

1 comment:

  1. I cannot say this enough: I. Love. Your. Mother. That is all.

    ReplyDelete