Friday, September 12, 2014

Travels back

So my travels back involved a variety of transportation:
Jeepny from hotel to the port
Pay port fee at the port
Ferry to the big island 
Sad to leave but at least it was cloudy for me

Van to the airport
Pay transit fee at the airport
Take small prop plane with 12 passengers to Manila
Pay transit fee 
Wait 4 hours **
Board also not full flight to Incheon
Take taxi back to apartment. 
Vacation finished! 

**while waiting at the Manila airport I stopped at a restaurant that boated they take credit card and have free wifi. 
I sit and order and get the wifi info...the wifi doesn't exist. I get my bill and hand over my credit card. The waitress tells me I have to double my order to pay with credit card. Ugh. No, I do not have enough cash. No, I do not want more food. No, I do not want to buy more drinks either. 
I explain I came here because you advertised these 2 simple things and have produced neither. I'm bummed. The older gentleman next to me pipes up, "how much is my meal" the waitress responds and he continues, "how about you pay for both of our meals with your card and I will give you the cash for mine?" I ponder this suggestion. He is holding the exact amount of his dish in his hand. Okay, I agree to this deal. I stay another 15 minutes to chat with said nice gentleman and thank him profusely for helping me. 
Yay for random acts of kindness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment