Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Surf time

So today Brian departed as we have different schedules and he has to return to work.  First...I went back to bed. But when I woke the sun was back! (We have had 2 cloudy days). I immediately went to lay in the sun. 
I have been trying to days to do stand up paddle boarding with no luck. I won't to the front desk pleading to find anyone who would take just one person (many have minimum of 4 people). She said she would get back to me. 
I wandered down the strand for lunch:
My view from lunch. I had a delicious local dish called chicken adobo. 
After lunch there was good news. She had found someone to take me. I gt ready and wandered to the beach just outside our hotel: 

There I was met by PJ and Andrew and just a paddle board. No paddle. I was initially confused until I realized they were going to give me surf lessons!  I was a bit nervous as I had signed on to paddle along bit surf but what the hay, the ocean is beautiful and the board is huge! Might as well try! 
Well...success. Let's be honest Andrew did most of the work. I climbed on the board tummy down. Andrew chose a wave and pushed me into it. After he pushed my job was to jump up and balance. Because I was using a paddle board (made of a light foam and very long and wide) it was quite easy to get up. About half way through the whole sky turned black, wind picked up, and we were being pelted with rain. The rain was flying so hard sideways at stung a bit. We persevered and actually had some good waves because of it! I had so much fun I am going to go back tomorrow before I hit the spa. 
Now I am relaxing and enjoying a cocktail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment