Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Is it day 3 already??

We began today with breakfast and the news we cannot go paddleboarding without a group of 4 😣. So we make the quick decision to go helmet diving instead. We are boated out to a platform and given quick directions. 
As I descend the ladder so the water is shoulder height a LARGE helmet full of air is placed over my head and I'm told to go go go. 
I reach the bottom of the ocean and Brian joins me. The scuba guide hands is fish food. The fish swarm my fingers and eventually nip at my hand aiming for food. Although it does not hurt in any way I scream and throw my food. 
Later Brian retrieves it from the ground for me and then throws it at my helmet so I have a face full of fish! 😳 it was scary but awesome!! 
We watched close up as a small clown fish brushed himself on a sea anemone. 

We came back to the hotel to chill out and have a cocktail. We ordered pink panthers which is a signature cocktail of our hotel and tastes like pink lemonade!!

We walked the beach and played in the ocean. 

That evening we had plans with our friends from Seoul to do a pub crawl. For those unfamiliar with that idea it is when you sign up at one bar and they organize to take you to multiple bars and you get free shots and play games and make friends along the way. It is not really my favorite past time so I was not excited to go. We were given t-shirts and bracelets we had to wear and a shot glass on a string to put around our neck. We immediately found Svizzera and set toindividualizing our t-shirts. We were off to the first bar where I was immediately handed a microphone and journey began to play. Not 2 minutes in the door and I had to karaoke "Don't Stop Believing."
The rest of the night was filled with new friends and dancing...a lot of dancing. 
Brian Jackie and I
Jackie and I
Brian and I...being silly as usual. 

The night culminated with a silent disco at a beach bar. For those unfamiliar with that it is when everyone gets. Set if headphones that are programmed to the DJ. You put on the headphones and dance with all the other headphone wearing silly people. However, to those looking on you are just dancing to nothing as they hear no music. It was awesome. 
In the end I made some fun new friends and had a great time! Who knew? 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment