Sunday, September 14, 2014

Health care

Getting sick sucks no matter where you are but seems to suck more when you can't just call your mom to sympathize with you!  
However we are licky enough to have an English speaking doctor right next to our apartment who is open on Saturdays. I came back from Boracay with a chest cold so I went straight to the doctor on Saturday. 
She (a pediatrician by the way ha ha) have me a shot, then put me on a nebulizer for 7 minutes. That thing really loosens the chest!!  Then she sent me downstairs to the English speaking (thank God) pharmacist. I was given a weeks worth of antibiotics that looks like this:
The top packets are liquid to loosen the chest. The idividual packets on the bottom are labeled BLD for breakfast lunch and dinner :) the small yellow squares in the middle are patches to wear on my chest like this:
Not totally sure what it does ha ha. The inhaler is well an inhaler. And the purple is some Vit C I picked up. 

Hopefully I will kick this cold Korean style!!  
Oh and all of this including the visit cost me about $50!

2 comments: