Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A day with the police...

Now before I begin this story I have to say I am so blessed this did not happen to me and I was a amiable to help a friend. 
So after the infamous pub crawl our two friends from Seoul stayed out and went swimming. When they headed back to their hotel early in the AM Jackie realized her purse was not among their belongings. She Went back
To search the beach twice, they called other friends who were there and asked did they have it? No luck. 
When Brian and I contacted them the next day we met them to help search. We again searched the beach, asked local business owners, ask the pub crawl coordinators but no one had seen it. So we ventured to the police station. 
She filed a report but they didn't seem to believe her story. "You didn't see who took it ma'am?" No officer. "Then are you sure it was stolen?" Yes officer. This went on for a while. 
As we stood to leave the officer hands the report to another officer and he looks at it and says "wait some one reported this name with a lost liscense."  
So we are then loaded into the back of a police jeepny and driven to a random business. The business owner had found Jackie's purse and called it in. Inside was he liscense, her alien card for Korea, all her credit cards and her shot glass. 
What was not in there was her iPhone and her cash. We took this as a win as she has insurance on the phone and got a police report to show them. Luckily she had a small amount of Pesos that equalled about $12.00. 
No pictures with that post unfortunately 😁. 
After Brian and I enjoyed a nice Greek dinner and went back to the hotel so he could pack. 
Tomorrow and Thursday I am on my own. What to do?? 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment