Friday, September 12, 2014

Last day

Today is my last full day in Boracay. It is a beautiful sunny day. In fact no clouds in the sky! 
I eat a delicious Philippino breakfast and head out to "surf" again. This time I learned my lesson and wear my yoga pants to protect my legs and knees agains the rubber of the paddle board. Unfortunately I did enough damage yesterday that even with the pants my knees are killing me. 
Today is a calm day so the waves are small. I have trouble catching anything worth pushing me in! 
I decide to do some actual paddle boarding instead since I have done that once before *in my head I'm a pro*. My guide fetched paddles and life jackets. I quickly realize I don't even know how to get on the board:
I sit on the board
Guide: no ma'am legs out
Me: oh *put legs out*
Try to stand
Guide: no ma'am knees first
Me: oh *struggle to my knees*
Try to stand and flip over
Guide: want to go back to surf? 
Me: yes. 

Back to surf and was a bit more successful with a few bigger waves. 
I head back to the hotel to rinse off and tend to my scraped up knees. The wight staff at the pool area know me by now and he asks about my surf time then we have this conversation (note: they refer to everyone as sir or ma'am when speaking with you.)
Waiter: ma'am where is you.... ..... Where is..... ..... .... Where is Sir? (Referring to Brian)
Me: oh he had to return to work
Waiter: you like here?
Me: yes! Boracay is beautiful!!
Waiter: you call sir and tell him you stay?
Me: uh...I don't think he would like that very much 
Waiter: burst into laughter. 

After a beach side lunch I headed to a spa (I wouldn't be my mothers daughter if I didn't). I had a few services at a nice spa and emerged just as the sun set on the beach. The perfect walk back. 
I stopped in the busy area for dinner then wandered the beach back to my hotel for dessert - a mango banana and Nutella crepe! Delicious! 
Upstairs to pack :(

No comments:

Post a Comment