Saturday, January 15, 2011

Korean Basketball

I finally got to go watch Pro Korean Basketball. It was entertaining. Let's just say the Lakers would wipe the floor with these guys haha. Mostly the same rules, I know there are one or two different but not that I could see. On the Incheon team there is one player (#11 I think) that is called the "living legend" I was not impressed. He was lazy and thought VERY highly of himself. At one point he shot and made a 3 and stood there pointing at the crowd like he was some God or something. Lame! I told my Korean friends I think the "legend" should retire, and by the end of the game they thought so too haha!
The mom in front of us handed out hard boiled eggs to the kids...I was thinking "Where are the nachos?" The mascot was an elephant which I'm not sure why...No one called them the Incheon Elephants. Not a very fierce mascot either.
Incheon was not doing well at the beginning of the game but came back to win. They seriously needed to step up their defense (pronounced De-pen when chanted at Korean games) All in all it was a lot of fun to be back in a stadium watching basketball. I am hoping to go see KCC and either Mobis or Samsung which seem to be better teams. I watched KCC barely beat Samsung last night on TV. They went into overtime and as the buzzer went off KCC chucked the ball up and it happen to go in...no double overtime...KCC won. It was great! So that is the next goal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment