Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Great Vacation

After a GREAT visit to the US I am back to work. I got to visit the family in Minnesota. It was wonderful to hang out with everyone. I loved being able to go shopping with my mom as well...although with all I bought I was not a friend of the airlines on the way back haha. I got to enjoy Grandma's cooking (which is always a bonus!) I even got to visit with Jill in the middle of our shopping spree :) We lucked out with the snow already being conveniently on the ground so no one was snowed out.

I headed to California soon after and got to see many wonderful people. I was lucky enough to stay with Mandy and her mom. Again, lucky enough to partake in Mrs. Jones' cooking :) yum! I got to hang out at Kim's house on New Years (so much fun!) And go to a puppy meeting...so many cute puppies in the group now! I enjoyed lunch with Marla at Tarranea (I had never been...great location) and we saw a gray whale!! I got to go to Disneyland...in the rain :) haha. And even got a lunch date with Emma and Michael (2 former students)

After all this amazing fun it was hard to come back! I flew from LA to Tokyo with...wait for it...NO TV! Come on Delta...that was 12 hours with no entertainment. The only TV on the plane was the one projected at the very front. ugh! About half way through the flight we noticed there was some commotion 2 rows up. There was a couple who had a sick baby. The flight attendent take the babies temp and it was 102! They stopped the movie and asked if there was a doctor on board because someone needed medical attention. We all felt so bad for this couple. There were 2 doctors that came to help and luckily we were not to far away. When we landed they asked us all to remain seated so they could get off the plane and to the ambulance that was waiting. I hope the baby is okay. I had to run from that flight to the next but got 3 seats to myself....of course that only happens on the 2 hour flight not the 12 hour one haha.

Everyone has commented that I look happier after being home. I feel that way! Thanks to all of those who drove me around, drove to visit me, went out of their way to see me, or just called to say hi while I was home. I love you all and was SO happy to see everyone. I'm sorry that I could not visit with everyone..especially in Cali but I will be back in the summer :)

Loves!

2 comments:

  1. Our afternoon at Terranea was so great. Thanks for making the time! So glad it was a great break for you. Missing you already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too Of course! Terranea was great. Both Manda and I had never been there so it was a fun treat for both of us! And having it be the only nice day it was a great spot to go to! See you again in summer :)

    ReplyDelete