Friday, July 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I made it! I drove over 3000 miles but made it to the east coast without a scratch (unless you count the multitude of bugs on my front bumper..may they rest in peace)
My last few days were long without a buddy but good.
I drove from MN to Chicago to see my aunt and uncle. Some highlights:
Going out to a delicious meal and eating Walleye!
Going to a cute fondue place and dipping marshmallows in chocolate!
Hanging out with my aunt Kathy and my uncle John.
Seeing the end of the all-star game
Being in the car when my uncle realized he had gotten promoted :)

Next day I drove (what felt like) a million miles from Chicago to Buffalo, NY. Some highlights:
Finding out most of the middle of the country is covered in corn fields
learning I can drive 12 hours with out going completely crazy (not saying I didn't go a little nuts at the end)
Covering 5 states in one day
Successfully making it to NY!
being really glad my Dad, and brother and Mandy and Kim all answered the phone when I really needed them too!

The LAST day of driving!!!!!! I can't belive my last day came....I thought I would drive forever!
Some highlights:
Stopping at Niagara Falls. I had never been before and it was amazing. I'm SO glad I stopped.
Riding the Maid of the Mist
Walking up right next to the falls
making friends with an older couple who were RVing their way across the US and getting my picture taken by them.
Looking at useless souvenirs and realizing I don't want to buy anything! (not usual for me haha)
Not having to exit the highway to stop and get gas or use the restroom.
Getting Starbucks :)
Seeing my exit on the highway!
Making it home :) :) :)

I am surprisingly sore from driving. I didn't know my muscles would be so sore. When you sore from running you run more to get in shape...does this mean I need to drive more to get in shape? Guess I couldn't be one of the many truck drivers I followed across the country.

Well another item checked of the list of "Things I have always wanted to do"
3600 Miles later I'm safe and happily at my parents house :)

(pictures soon...when I can get them loaded!)

No comments:

Post a Comment