Saturday, October 2, 2010

안녕하세요

For those of you who don't speak Korean that says "annyeonghaseyo" and means hello! I am officially enrolled in Korean language classes. I have had 3 classes so far. it is a college course at the university of Incheon in Songdo. I love it so far. Korean is not an easy language but learning the characters and sounds has already helped me with my teaching.
I can now relate the sounds they use to the sounds we use so they can learn English better. My students are excited to help me learn Korean and think it is funny that I am studying letters and sounds just like them :)

I will keep you posted on how it works out ha ha :)

2 comments:

  1. Impressive and a good idea. I always tell parents whose kids are struggling a bit with learning to read that they should just imagine what it's like to read the characters from another language and how the symbols mean nothing to the learner until they do. You can relate now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally can. When my English Language Learners are struggling I totally get it! I sit in class and feel like those kids staring at an Y wondering what this strange thing is! I'm really glad I'm doing it. I can sound some basic words out now. I have not memorized all my consonants yet though.
    study study study!! :)

    ReplyDelete