Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Missing person's report

Hello to my few but faithful followers :) I'm sorry it has been what seems like a year since I last posted. It has been a crazy "year" since the last post. I'm not even sure what has happened in that time!

I wanted to share that I posted a video (well 3) tour of my classroom. It is a start. We still do not have any supplies but we did go shopping the weekend before school and set it up on Sunday so Mark and I should be good until Friday (tomorrow)

I survived my first day and a half and even (apparently) made the paper. One of the fifth grade girls yesterday morning said "teacher teacher, you in paper!" Thanks :) I don't even know where to buy a paper...funny thing is, no one else knew either ha ha!

If I find it I promise it will get posted someplace for people to see!

My class is...active, as I'm sure the PV kinder can attest to having almost twice as many boys as girls changes a dynamic of a class quite a lot. I have 9 boys and 5 girls. My girls sit on the rug while the boys roll around them. The girls raise their hands while the boys shout over them. It is stereotypical I know but it is true! It is funny...sometimes. We are beginning to build routines but it is hard without supplies. We are happy that it has at least been sunny so we did not have to keep the kids inside as well. I'm not sure we have enough things to occupy both classes for indoor recess! haha.

I will try to catch you all up via pictures and words soon!

Missing home and all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure you aren't talking about our class in PV? Girls raising their hands and boys rolling around them? That's it exactly. Although today while Lauren and I were at duty and Jen was dealing with tears, the entire class took themselves into the room and sat on the rug and Murphy sat in the front and started calendar. I only heard about it from Jason Moskowitz so I'll have to take his word for it! What do you mean you don't have supplies? That's crazy!

    ReplyDelete