Monday, October 6, 2014

5k Songdo race


So I ran my 4th consecutive Songdo road race. Each year they do this in late September/early October and a number of teachers from our school sign up for either the marathon, half marathon, 10k or 5k. Last year I did my second 10k and was excited to sign up for my third. However I pinched a nerve in my back 3 times and was layed up instead of training. 
Come sept I was ready to run and the. I came back from Boracay with a bronchial infection. If you know me (and my lungs) you know I can't run with that! Ugh so again no training. Well I just stopped my meds last week and am still on an inhaler so a 10k sounded a bit overwhelming this year. My lovely roommate has been training a lot but only signed up for the 5k so it worked out for us to switch race numbers and chips. Yay!  However I still had to run a 5k with no training, let's be honest, no exercise since July!! 
Definitely did not have the confidence in my lungs but they surprised me. It wasn't easy but I ran the whole 5k with no stops and did it in 35 minutes!!! It burned but the determination not to let my lungs win pushed me through! 
Yay! Small victories feel good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment